Our children's terms run in 10 week courses at €85, we provide a selection of days and times for you to choose from. Our next will begin on the 12th of February 2018. We have classes on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon and Saturday mornings. Each time slot has 7 levels for your child to be assessed and placed in:
- Ducklings:This is our beginner level where children will learn water confidence, how to float, submerge their face and to jump in.
- Tadpoles: This is a step up from beginners where children will learn how to push and glide on their front and back, retrieve objects from below the surface and breaststroke arms. .
- Frogs: At this level children leave front crawl arm action unaided, backcrawl and breast stroke leg action.
- Penguins: Now confident and independent in shallow water they can improve technique and advance their skills.
- Seals: Further development with technique and learning more skills.
- Sharks: Confident in deep water and beginning to build stamina and strength along with technique. Continuous development of skills and strokes.
- Stingray: More stamina, strength and skills.
Over school breaks we also run Intensive Swim Courses each week which consist of a 45 minute lesson every day from Monday to Friday each week at €50 per child. The lessons take place from 9am to 9.45am or due to popular demand we have added an afternoon slot from 1pm-1.45pm. This is a great way to see a quick improvement as your child's progress gains momentum by attending classes consecutively every day.
We also run a very popular Swan Babies and Swan Toddlers program. These are fun classes with the instructor and a parent in the water aimed at introducing babies and young children to swimming. Classes are on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays over a 10 week term at €85. The next term will be starting in May 2018.
We also have a Rookie Lifeguard Program for those aged between 8 and 14 years who would like to prepare for their full Lifeguard Qualification on a Monday afternoon. This is a great transition year option and many people attend as part of their Gaisce Award.